The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, January 9, 2013

There Must Be Better Things to be Doing


Faye and I are on the road once again. To Biloxi... as usual. Faye likes to gamble and I like to remind myself that I do not. I also like to confirm to myself that there are people driving cars that simply shouldn't be.

Have you noticed that some big rig truckers like to try to pass another big rig on the upslope of a hill? What are these people thinking? Nothing like zipping along at 75 (in a 70 zone.... shhhh!) and finding yourself blocked by a pair of semis doing 55 and straining to get up what laughingly passes for a hill here in Florida. A rolling blockade, I call it. I also call it (and the driver of the semi trying to pass) a few other things which I will not repeat here.

Ah well...

No comments: