The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

By the way... there's a crossword at the bottom of this page

Thursday, January 31, 2013

I really should buy an economical car


I see gas prices are on the rise. This increase will last until sometime late tomorrow... after I fill my tank. No, I am not paranoid. It is just fact. I do not know how they know when I am approaching the point at which I must buy gas but they do.

On the way to the golf course yesterday morning, I noticed that the price had jumped overnight from $3.21 to $3.45 per gallon. We know that is not quite true, don't we? It's really $3.459, isn't it? That's what the hardly noticed "and 9/10" means. It's a bit like the ".99" after the "$19" on the price where the ad says "less than $20!"

The price of gas will drop in a few days... after I fill up... but not by much. Not as much as it has risen.


No comments: