I have been tagged. This is a bit like being kissed by the capo, I suspect. It means I have to come up with 8 factoids about myself. I assume they must be true and I can't simply make them up as I go along. I then have to dig up eight other bloggers and inflict the same fate on them. That could be a problem. I am new to this and haven't cultivated 8 friends that I can afford to lose by subjecting them to suicide by public humiliation. Heck, I don't have that many in my regular life.
OK, here goes:
1. I listen to Rush Limbaugh. Regularly. He's entertaining, extraordinarily so, and not nearly the ogre he's made out to be. I am amazed at the number of false claims made about him (yes, I research them), the unbridled hatred many have for him, and the lengths that people will go to villify him. Only the unbiased can properly judge him or anyone else. None of us is unbiased.
2. I am hopeful about Obama's presidency. I think he has a chance to be a great president and fear that, if he isn't at least a good one, it will set the US back by decades.
3. I stink at golf but I still love to play. This is a mystery I may never solve.
4. I like to take things apart much more than I like to put them back together.
5. I am an abject coward... but a mean one. Do not back me into a corner.
6. I like sour/tart things much more than sweets. That often showed in the women I dated.
7. I am positive my wit is nowhere near as clever as I pretend it is.
8. After 62 years of life, 58 of them I am reasonably aware of, I have begun to realize I am much happier than I used to think.
I am not going to proofread this. If I did, I would change way too much.
And now for my victims... uh, taggees...
I am sorry, I cannot provide 8 people. I have not expanded my travels through the blogs enough to do so. I started to select some and then, when I reached four, I realized I cannot impose on them in good conscience until I get to know them better. That would be my 9th factoid: I am not good at this type of game.
A Night Unremembered
6 years ago