The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Monday, April 1, 2013

Epiphanies


I was driving home yesterday morning after filling my gas tank, getting the car washed, and vacuuming it out. As I left the Burger King with breakfast, this song came on the radio...



The DJ commented that "It's lonely at the bottom, too." Something I always knew but never had expressed.

A verse in the song really hit me:

I had the wind in my sails and she took it
I had the world by the tail and she shook it
I reached out for a lifeline and she threw me a noose
I got the short end of the chicken and
She got the golden goose



Ok, it was this line, not the verse:

I reached out for a lifeline and she threw me a noose

Sometimes, a line like that just sums up an ex-wife...


My ex was born on April 1st but I was the fool.

And today? Well, today Faye and I head out for the annual excursion to San Diego (via Biloxi and Las Vegas). Oddly, I am looking forward to this.



2 comments:

Pearl said...

San Diego is such a lovely area, I think. And Biloxi just sounds exotic to this Minnesota gal.

:-)

Vegas? Hmm. Swimming pools in the desert.

Pearl

Douglas said...

Trust me, Pearl, Biloxi is not all that exotic.