The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, October 18, 2012

A bit of internal babbling


Sometimes I wonder if it is all worth it. By "it" I mean blogging, of course. Does it matter what I write? Does it make a difference to anyone? But that's just my ego yapping away like  a vicious Chihuahua. A pesky, annoying, tiny part of my mind that I cannot seem to quiet no matter how many treats I toss it.

To be brutally honest, blogging (for me) is a combination of a cry for help and a scream for attention. Oh, there are talented bloggers out there who seriously entertain but these are few and far between. I try hard to read as many of these as I can but I fail to get very far. I am lazy and easily distracted. Being lazy, I tend to look forward to sitting in my recliner and doing nothing more strenuous than playing freecell on my tablet. Being easily distracted, just about anything can interrupt even that fascinating pastime.

So, from time to time, I question just why I am maintaining this blog. There is never a rational answer.



3 comments:

Kathy said...

I think most bloggers decide they are going to quit blogging several times per week.

Douglas said...

We're a bit like hungover drunks in that sense.

Kathy said...

lol! Never thought of it that way!