The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Saturday, October 6, 2012

Maybe they'll flip a coin at some point


Well, the first of the presidential debates has come and gone. It seems to be a consensus that Romney won. The Democrats are unhappy, the Republicans are happy, and the undecideds are still clueless.

I didn't watch the debate. I had more important things to do... playing Freecell on my tablet, for instance, and watching a couple of shows previously recorded. If I didn't have those things, I'd have sought out something vaguely interesting on some obscure cable channel.

I had no need to watch the debate. It wasn't going to change my mind about who to vote for (or against). I cannot imagine how anyone could be aware he (or she) has a navel and still hasn't figured out who to vote for in November.

Seriously. Are you so-called undecided folks completely oblivious to the world around you?

1 comment:

Tom said...

I'm still undecided . . . just kidding, but I'm still unhappy.