The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Outlooks and attitudes


Life is full of ups and downs. How we view our lives depends, I think, on which we experience more. Or maybe how we categorize the events in our lives in those terms.

A friend of mine just got two more stents put in. He had been running short of breath while working out at the local YMCA. These two bring his total to 10, I believe. These two were put in Thursday and he was back out on the golf course on Monday. He told his doctor that he won't talk bypasses until the stent count reaches at least twenty.

The man is 75 and he plays golf, mostly, better than I do. But he's a lot of fun to be around so I can overlook his beating me on the course.

He also inspires me. He's active, he's optimistic, and he's enthusiastic about life in general. I am just hoping to be above ground when I reach 75.


No comments: