The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Monday, May 11, 2009

The Frog and The Toilet

No, it's not the name of a pub.

I met the frog the other afternoon. I was looking down into the toilet just before flushing and there he (or she, I suppose) was looking back at me. He was about 3 inches long,. Well, his body was, I am sure he would have been much longer stretched out with pins in his feet like you would before dissecting him for biology lab. He did look a bit surprised to see me. Possibly as surprised as I was.

A few weeks ago, just after I left on my trip to California, I had scheduled a visit by the people who are into excrement. You know who I mean, the people who clear clogged drains, fix leaks, and pump out septic tanks. I don't know how much these people make but they deserve every penny. Anyway, I learned about 18 months ago that there is a filter in the septic tank and that this filter gets clogged. Therefore, periodically, someone must be paid to open the septic tank and clean out that filter. My job in this regard is merely to pay the people who perform this service. There is no way I would do it myself.

Apparently, while this person was cleaning out said filter, and the tank was open, a frog must have found his way in. Either that or he did not properly replace the cover after he was through. In any case, the frog made his way up through the pipes that lead to the tank and found himself at the bottom of my toilet bowl, thereby shocking the both of us.

I flushed him. He'll probably be back.

[1050/1051/920]

1 comment:

Bagman and Butler said...

Be thankful he came up from the septic tank and that you hadn't accidentally swallowed a tadpole.