The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hubble and Things I Didn't Know

I didn't really have anything to write about today. Well, that's not true, there is always something to write about. I'll be honest; I am lazy and can't be bothered. No, that's only half true. To be perfectly honest, a number of things came to mind but I just couldn't seem to get started.

One of the things was about the Hubble telescope. But, while researching it, I ran into a much more interesting blog on it than I could ever write. I also ran into a much more interesting blogger than I could ever hope to be. His name is Phil Plait and he is an astronomer, author, blogger, and all around smart person. He writes a blog called Bad Astronomy and this is what he wrote yesterday about the Hubble... (click on it to read the article)

Top Ten Things You Don't Know About Hubble
.

It includes pictures for those of you who hate to read.


Go read it, you won't be sorry. Heck, just go look through the pictures.

3 comments:

Inspector Clouseau said...

I ran across this blog by accident some time ago and was similarly impressed.

BTW, it has been my experience that some of the most interesting and informational blogs are those operated by scientists and engineers of some sort, who are not commenting on politics and such, and who are not seeking large amounts of traffic. They just do their thing.

#167 Dad said...

thanks for the tip. will check it out. great comic.

#167 Dad said...

thanks for the tip. will check it out. great comic.